Whether consolidating build script logic, writing convention plugins, or adding tooling to your apps, Gradle plugins are powerful ways to extend your build.
This talk will show how to develop your plugins safely while avoiding some of the pitfalls you might otherwise encounter, especially the ones that can negatively impact your build speed!
We’ll analyze various plugins in the wild and explore:
* how to manage cacheability – build and configuration!
* deferring task creation until they’re actually needed
* working with properties, providers, and file collections
* how convention plugins can help you scale your app builds sanely
* what APIs you should stop using now!